ez mount etc

Anything to do with card making, stamping, inks and digis.
Carolyn
The Boss

ez mount etc

Post by Carolyn » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:31 pm

Can I have a sumamry of the products that are available for using with UMs...I know there are posts about this but would love all the info in one place.

if you have a recommend where to buy that would be great too.

Thank you :angel:

from Carolyn who is only learning!
Last edited by Carolyn on Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:12 pm

I just use my trusty pritt stick 8) 8)

Sue

Post by Sue » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:43 pm

H A L O S

Hook and Loop...like velcro
Sue xxx
Where does the time go?

My Gallery
My Blog

PrimaFlower

Post by PrimaFlower » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:54 pm

I use DST :D and so does Elsie so she told me as she saw me do it on her stamps :D
Sarah: My Blog

bookworm

Post by bookworm » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:30 pm

Tombow glue stick for me or if I am only stamping one or two images I moisten the back of the stamp with a baby wipe, slap it onto the acrylic block and it stays there just fine.

Don't use it myself but you can buy EZ Mount from

www.joannasheen.co.uk

:D
Sheila

My Gallery
My Blog
***Shop at Carolyn's***

Carolyn
The Boss

Post by Carolyn » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:37 pm

well i have not bothered with any of these products yet - I bought acrylic blocks from the works at

annew

ez mount etc

Post by annew » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:38 pm

Used to use Pritt on my UM stamps but after trying EZmount wouldn't go back the difference is amazing.

Buy mine from Joanna Sheen - no p&p and excellent delivery usually next day.
AnneW

Net

Post by Net » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:45 pm

I use pritt stick or if its just for one image damp it like Sheila! I've also got quite a few silicon ones which don't need anything.
If you don't know what to do with new stuff, hide it until you do!

http://caique-momma.blogspot.com/
http://totallygorjuss.blogspot.com

Carolyn
The Boss

Post by Carolyn » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:13 am

I have started using ez mount and am most impressed. Takes a bit of cutting in the first place, and you need to trim your stamp really well first before applying.

craftyhazelnut

Post by craftyhazelnut » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:42 am

I've always previously used good old Pritt stick, but sometimes got in a bit of a mess with it.

I recently bought some tack n peel (got it from www.craftathome.co.uk). It's quite expensive and I don't know whether it will last well, but so far I'm very pleased with it.

I had considered getting EZmount or something similar, but didn't want to spend the time fiddling with cutting round the stamps. The tack n peel is so easy, because it's just one application on to the acrylic block and it's done.

I'd recommend it.

Love Hazel

cazat81

Post by cazat81 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:49 am

Hi Hazel.
I have just come across the tack and peel, was wondering how it worked and how good it is, good value for money etc. How are you getting on with it Hazel? I read that it may be good for when you i.e used rubberbands to make a printed pattern? I have done this in the past with some degree of fiddling etc. wondered if this would make things easier?
Carole

craftyhazelnut

Post by craftyhazelnut » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:02 am

Hi Carole,

Haven't tried the rubber bands with it.

For stamping with umounted rubber stamps it is excellent. I have found that I've got a few smudges of Stazon around the edges of the blocks (probably just because I'm careless), but it doesn't make any difference to the general use.

I've found that if you're a bit 'heavy handed' when stamping that if the rubber isn't very thick then sometimes the surrounding sticky of the tack n peel sticks to the card/paper - but even if this has happened, I've always found it gently lifts off with no damage (and I think it's my fault in the first place for pressing down too hard).

Before getting the tack n peel I used pritt stick, which was OK, but sometimes the stamps didn't stay on very well and I tended to get in a bit of a mess (which isn't very difficult for me!).

Of course, the downside is that if you also use any clear stamps that cling without the need for any adhesive or the see Ds, then you need to have other acrylic blocks which haven't got the peel n tack on them.

And lastly, you need to remember to put the backing acetate back on to the peel n stick after using the block, otherwise you put it away and it gets stuck to other things (won't tell you whether that tip is from experience or not!).

All in all I would recommend it if (like me) you have quite a few unmounted rubber stamps.

HTH

Love Hazel

cazat81

Post by cazat81 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:19 pm

Thank you Hazel :angel: Thank you for the downsides of the product. I do not have that many acrylic blocks, mostly use broken covers from CD cases etc. I am mulling over if I really need the tack and peel, curiosity is getting the better of me as to wanting to give it a go and see what can be achieved with it, this is as well as another product I am sort of mulling over. I have just heard of by a product by Judkins :??: Eclipse tape?
I am off to do a search here later to see if I can find more info.
Thank you once again for all the fab info. :angel:
Carole

Carolyn
The Boss

Post by Carolyn » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:21 pm

You can get 3 acrylic blocks from the works - although the large one is very large and maybe not so much of a bargain. Joanna sheen sells the blocks amongst others - I bought a little one from there when I bought the EZ mount, and was worth buyin. If you have little stamps it is much easier than using a huge block.

cazat81

Post by cazat81 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:39 pm

Thank you Carolyn. :) I must look harder in 'The Works' as I do not remember seeing them in my store, but doesn't mean to say they don't have them, always in such a rush and never get to see everything :roll:
Thank you for the info. re: Joanna Sheen as well. :)
Carole